Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Checking Out

At times Brian has said that he felt a little sad about leaving our "first place" as a married couple and asked if I did too. I really didn't feel sad. I mean, yes we spent almost 4 years at Old Towne so we have lots of memories there and it was the first place I set up housekeeping, the first place I cooked as a wife, and the first place I decorated on my own. However, it just felt like it was time to go. I wondered if I would feel sad when the end came, people told me I would. Last night, we went over for our last load and for a very brief moment I felt it, until I walked into the building and saw the girl that lives below us who has kept us up all hours of the night with loud music. When I walked in there was cursing, yelling, and lots of nonsense drama. Then when we were about to leave we were blocked in by police cars, ugh! The sadness quickly ran away.
As I put the key into the door to unlock it, possibly for the last time, I said "Thank you, thank you Lord for giving us a new place to live." I was beginning to feel so unsafe there and many times asked God to PLEASE help us find a new place to live even if it was renting again. I am beyond thankful He provided us a quiet, friendly and very safe neighborhood. Today, after turning in our keys, I drove down that hill for the last time as a resident, . I will miss the beautiful sunsets we always saw but all the way back up that hill I was grinning ear to ear. Checking out felt way to good!

On Sunday I picked out a new light to replace the ceiling fan that was in the kitchen. We really needed more light in there. Plus, the ceiling fan was falling apart and I thought it was ugly too. So yay for a pretty new light:)
Our counter tops are coming. Jon was here until 11PM last night working so hard on them. They are looking great! He has done a fantastic job! He is coming over tonight to finish up. Hooray! Maybe my kitchen will be complete by weekend.
He wasn't too enthused about me taking his picture.
Brian brought the stove in himself the other night. He plugged it in for me, so at least I can make something until it is permanently in. This is what the right side of the kitchen looks like completed. Pretty huh?
This is the sink that I picked out. It is a dark chocolate brown. I think it will look good once the stainless faucet is on.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Everything is looking good and coming together. I'll bet you can't wait for it to be complete!